Universal API Connector Reference
Universal API Connector supports integrations with standards-compliant APIs, including ACT CRM, ProCore, ZohoCRM, and many, many more!
- Actions Reference provides details for actions used to build a workflow.
- Workflow Trigger Reference provides details on how to configure advanced settings to fetch the data needed by a workflow.
- Raw Message Contents Reference provides details about these advanced Workflow Trigger settings.
For walkthroughs and setup examples, see Universal API Implementation Walkthroughs.
Version 1 to version 2+
Version 2 of the Universal Connector was a brand-related update, ensuring consistent naming of actions, triggers, and message formats.
When upgrading this connector from version 1 to version 2+, no direct upgrade is possible due to the change in connector name. Instead, migration of triggers and actions is required, as outlined below.
To upgrade the Universal API Connector version 1 to version 2 (or higher):
- Stop the engine using the “Graceful Shutdown” option. This may take several minutes while the engine finishes processing any in-process messages.
- Install the new connector version without removing the old connector version. This allows you to migrate settings as much as possible.
- In each workflow’s Trigger section, if the trigger source is from the Universal API, update the trigger and trigger settings including Raw Message Format settings.
- In each workflow’s Designer section, update any Universal API actions as follows:
- Edit the action.
- In the “Action” drop-down, select the same action under the new UniversalAPI connector (previously labelled as GenericAPI).
- Update an settings impacted by the change in version.
- Save the workflow.
- Once all workflows are updated, remove the old version of the connector.
- Start the engine.